Thursday, April 30, 2009

Work schedule change

Well, some things are changing at my place of employment.

My normal schedule was three nights (Wednesday, Friday and Saturday - all big nights) and a Tuesday day shift (nothing spectacular, but I usually pulled in about $100 each Tuesday)

For some reason, my boss is cutting everyone's shifts down from four shifts a week to three shifts a week. I personally think she (the boss) is trying to keep people from wearing down so fast. (The bar business isn't as easy as one may think. It is oh-so-very-easy to get burnt out)

For me, that means that I am losing one shift a week, basically 4 to 5 shifts (depending on the month) a month.

I am still keeping all my night shifts, just losing the day shift. But that does mean that I am losing out on $400 to $500 a month.

On the bright side, I will have more time available to me for school and the girls. Which is actually pretty nice. It means that the girls may actually be able to participate in some school sports and I might actually get to see a school play once in a while.

But the thought of losing $400-$500 a month is kinda scaring me. I have to relook at the budget and see where else I am going to cut back. This also means that I have to look at my debt repayment goals and readjust them to be more realistic yet still challenging. It may push my projected credit card debt freedom back, which is very disappointing.

Of course, I could just look at this as another challenge. I like challenges. I like to compete. Most of all, I like to win. One of the tips of being successful is the willingness to sacrifice some things NOW for the completion of your goals.

I need to look at what I am going to sacrifice. There are still things in the budget that could be cut. I need to get to cutting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment