Sunday, April 5, 2009

May Debt payback goals

So, I am about a month ahead with posting these goals, but since everything I make this month is being saved for next month, I decided to go ahead and write down some goals I have for my money in the month of May. As this month progresses, I will know I am doing towards my goals.

Besides my normal expenses and funding of my envelopes, I have set some Debt payback goals.

Chase: $60
Providian: $307
Discover: $120
Mohawk: $133
Capital One: $700

The first four debts are my normal monthly payments, so no real change there. Mohawk has o% interest until July so paying $133 a month every month brings me to a zero balance in the month of July. So, the debt will be paid and I will have not paid 23% interest on the balance.

The last debt, Capital One, well, that is a pretty hefty goal. I really do not know if I am going to be able to make it. I used earnings numbers from last month to get to that number. However, I have decided that I need to be more specific than "Pay off debt". Sure, I want to pay off debt, but I need something to reach for.

I need specifics. I am more likely to reach a goal if I know *exactly* what I am reaching for, not a general overall goal.

I have decided that if I am going to actually dig myself out of the debt I am in, I am going to have to do this each and every month. I am going to have to challenge myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment