Thursday, April 9, 2009

Adjusting....

I am having to make some adjustments to the April budget. Not because of overspending, but because I have received some extra funds this month I wasn't expecting, to the tune of $215.

Part of it was a child support payment I was not expecting (I receive child support sporadically so I do not include it in my budget until I actually receive it), part of it was from the GI Bill (last month my payment was $55 less than it should have been), and another $10 or so is from having my actual amounts on household bills being less than the budgeted amounts.

So now I get to decide what I am going to do with some extra money. I am torn between wanting to save it and wanting to throw it straight to debt.

I am thinking about sending half towards debt and keeping the other half to replenish what I had to spend at the doctor last week.

It is rather nice to have some unexpected funds. Especially when I have everything already set up for the month so I don't have to rely on getting unexpected money to meet my obligations and needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment