Thursday, April 2, 2009

3 days into the month...

It has only been 3 days into the month of April, but so far, everything is going as planned.



I have yet to whip out a credit card for any type of purchase, as I have funded envelopes for everything I could possibly go purchase as a day to day transaction.



All the bills are covered via the checking account balance, so I have no need to run to the bank in a panic, depositing funds.



In all, things are pretty much just going along.



I went to the grocery store for my beginning of the month big trip and still have $120 left in my grocery envelope for midmonth shopping, which should be more than enough.



I have spent some of my entertainment money. I have $25 left, which means I need to be a bit more careful for the rest of the month. It also means that I need to relook this number and possibly up the amount next month. The last thing I want is Entertainment to be a budget buster, but I also don't want to get carried away in this category, either. I need to find a happy medium.



My youngest daughter's birthday is this month and I have budgeted $60 for gifts and a cake. I am thinking about making the cake at home with her, kinda like a mom/daughter project we can do together. It will certainly be cheaper than buying a cake and it will give us some precious time together! I haven't decided yet what I will be getting her for a present, but I am doing some cost comparisons for certain items. I am trying my best to get the best deal for my money AND not over doing the gift giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment