Monday, July 27, 2009

Worse than I thought....

About a year and a half ago, the police came into the bar undercover with an underage person with them. I ended up getting a ticket for serving a minor. Which really sucked, because one, I don't normally serve underage kids; two, I practically ALWAYS check ID's (they caught me on one of the few times I didn't check); and three - I didn't even drink until I was 21 so everyone else should have to wait too!

So, I went to court and I paid my $360 fine and thought that was the end of it.

This past May, I renewed my liquor liscense, and since there was no issue in doing that, I really thought the ticket was behind me.

Well, here I go on Friday, walking into work. My boss wants to talk to me. Seems the Alcohol commission in my state is trying to shut her bar down because the bar has gotten 4 tickets in 2 years. (One of those tickets was not for underage drinking but for some other reason). I am the only person still working there that has received a ticket. My boss's lawyer thinks it will be easier for him to fight the suit if I don't work at the bar anymore.

END RESULT: I NO LONGER HAVE A JOB. FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED A YEAR AND A HALF AGO. FOR SOMETHING I ALREADY PAID A FINE FOR.

I am more than distraught right now. I really have no idea what I am going to do. This totally stinks. After close to two and half years working for this place, this is what happens. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment